Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

July 30, 2010

Beautiful Bonnet and Matching Skirt

Between VBS, 2 kiddos on my own, a sinus infection, laundry, general house cleanliness, and company I haven't had much time to sew. I had a few minutes to myself the other day to sew. I put Van down for a nap and Miss A was outside to play, a great time to sew! Well it was short lived as Van woke up and Miss A was ready to come in. So yesterday evening P.D. came home from a very busy day (I'll share more about that another time), and told me he was going to send Miss. A out to play with some friends outside and he would watch Van so I could do some sewing (one of the biggest breaks I've gotten in the last couple of weeks), I was VERY excited!! I had just purchased the Beautiful Bonnet pattern last week (I know the lady from a forum I go on). I was a bit skeptical about what it would look like on my 3 year old. But I have to say when it was all said and done I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. it!!!! I think it's adorable and I like the more "modern" look to it.

so now I have this great looking bonnet but what would she wear with it?!?! I whipped up this sassy skirt to go with it! Rather easy to make (just a basic skirt with an elastic waist band).

And I have to say I also LOVE Miss A in the color red!

I even used my "new" serger to sew up the skirt! Best $25 I have ever invested in! It made the skirt come together quickly and made it look finished!

The close up (to see the fabric)
 Twirling!

You can see the inside fabric 
Note: this is a reversible bonnet, but mine won't be reversible this first time  *insert wink here*

And because she's cute and enjoys riding her scooter (which by the way matches)!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Adorable bonnet, skirt, and little girl! Nice sewing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails