Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

April 3, 2011

A New Shirt for Van

I just wanted to share a picture of Van that I took about a week ago. . :) He's getting so big! He's getting ready to turn 21 months old and he is amazing us everyday with the things he is learning!

Photobucket

This is the shirt I made for him. I wasn't allowed to share it until now as it was in the testing stage (I was one of the testers). I had so much fun making this shirt! It was my first time making a shirt out of knit (stretchy t-shirt-like material) and doing neck binding. The neck binding was A TON easier than I thought (I don't know what I was so afraid of). I have wanted to tackle neck binding for awhile now.

This shirt was really cheap to make as all the fabric you see is from the thrift store (striped fabric was $2 for 4 yards and red fabric $1.50 for 3 yards) except the neck binding. I had a hard time getting it off him and he really liked it!

I have one more made, it's just waiting for some neck binding (which I'm waiting for a piece to arrive in my mailbox from a friend). ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails