Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

March 26, 2011

Newborn Gown and Matching Hat

I recently purchased this pattern from Bonnie at Fishstick Design. I was going to wait until we find out what this little bean was before I sewed something up. But I've had this pattern for almost a week and couldn't bring myself to wait!

I found the fabric at the thrift store and will be very sad when it's gone. I purchased 4 yards of it for only $2.50!

This was my second time doing neck binding. It's A LOT easier than I thought it would be!! I don't know what I was so afraid of! :)

Onto the pictures!
Photobucket

The tag is in the center back of the gown.
Photobucket

If we find out this little bean is a girl I may add a flower to the hat to give it a bit more color, we shall see. :)

Bonnie has some great patterns out there. If you are looking for some go take a look. A lot of her patterns are for knit fabric (which I'm just learning to sew with and love it)! My first project with knit binding was a shirt I was testing for Bonnie. I LOVE the way it turned out. I will share that later when her pattern comes out! :)

The little hat is from this tutorial from over at Make it and Love it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails