It was pretty easy to sew (a few pattern issues, but they are getting straightened out). I did the 5T size (although she could fit in the 4T one just fine). I did a few things different.
1) I used bias tape for the under arm parts (the tutorial says to just fold it over twice and top stitch).
2) I also used my serger as much as I could (instead of finishing the edges with a zigzag stitch).
3) I also used snaps instead of buttons. I just purchased a snap pliers and this is the second time I've used them....so long button holes!! ;)
4) Lastly, I added about 2.5 inches to the bottom to make it longer.
It went together really fast (well as fast as it could with two kiddos that weren't to happy).
I purchased the fabric from Walmart about a year ago for $1 (before they upped the price on their clearance fabric to $1.50). I am however happy that we still have a fabric section in a couple of the Walmarts nearby!!
On to some pictures!!
First up: the overall look of the shirt
A closer look at the top
The hem line
Just because she's silly
I definitely see more of these in my future!