Very soon I will need a new (larger) diaper bag. I found this tutorial online and thought I'd try it out.
I LOVE the way it turned out!! It was pretty easy to make also! The only thing I had trouble with was putting the flap on the bag (the only part I couldn't find pictures too). :) I need pictures!!
One thing I'd do differently. I wasn't going to use an interfacing (to make it thicker) so I didn't add any. I figured since I used two home decor fabrics (thicker) that it'd be alright. Well after sewing part of it together I decided that it wasn't that thick after all so I added it in at the last step (just using a bottom weight fabric). I think next time I will definitely use the iron on stuff as this was pretty hard to sew threw when I got to the seams.
But like I said over all I'm VERY happy with the way it turned out (not perfect but will work perfectly for me).
Here's a few shots...
The inside (notice I have the flap covering the part of the bag that didn't turn out that great)...shhh! :)
Diaper bag and changing pad:
Changing pad (terry towel w/ matching fabric on the back side:
My favorite part of the bag...the zippered pocket that turned out really well!!! :)