Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

October 2, 2008

Banana Bread


This is a very good recipe for Banana Bread. My daughter helped me make it (which wasn't the greatest idea because she just woke up and was a bit hungry. When I took the brown banana's out of the fridge she decided that she wanted some (she wouldn't understand that they were "yucky." I add a little spice to my banana bread (chocolate chips)!! After I let her sample a few of the chocolate chips she forgot all about the banana's (that's my girl)!!




Here's the recipe:
Banana Bread
Prep Time: 25 min. Bake: 55 min
Oven: 360 degrees Makes: 1 loaf (16 servings)
2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
1-1/2 cups mashed bananas (5 medium)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil or melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

**I add chocolate chips to my liking (don't measure)....this usually ends up being a lot! :)

Grease bottom and 1/2 up the sides of one 9x5x3 inch or two 7-1/2x3-1/2x2 inch loaf pans; set aside. Combine flour, baking powser, baking soda, cinnaomon, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Make well in center of flour mixture; set aside.

In medium bowl combine eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir june until moistend. Fold in nuts (or chocolate chips). Spoon batter into prepared pans(s).

Bake in oven 350 oven for 55 to 60 minutes for 9x5x3 inch pan and 40-45 minutes in 7-1/2x3-1/2x2 inch pan, or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (if necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning). Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire reack. Wrap and store overnight before serving.


Note: I forgot salt and it still tastes good! I didn't realize until I was typing this out that it says to add salt, I didn't read it completely when I was baking it...oops! :) Also I didn't wait to cut and serve it, we sampled it this morning after I took it out of the oven.....

also...I do not make it a normal practice to serve my daughter chocolate at 9 in the morning!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails