Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

August 26, 2008

Recipe: Stack-A-Dinner

I realized it's been a while since I have posted any recipes. Here's a simple and very tasty recipe! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law (she is a wonderful cook).

It's called Stack-A-Dinner

Ingredients (meat mixture):

1 pound of ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup water
dash of pepper

1. Brown the ground beef and onions together, drain the grease
2. Add the rest of the ingredients: bring to a boil

You will need to cook some rice (follow directions on bag or box) I usually make one cup of rice (before cooked) and it is plenty for our small family of three.

Spread rice on a plate, top with meat mixture, peas (warmed up frozen peas) and shredded cheddar cheese.

I make the meat mixture in large portions and freeze it in Ziploc baggies just in case we are in need of a quick meal or in case someone else we know is in need of a meal.

Give it a try and ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty good.. and easy! I'll have to write this one down :) Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails