Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

May 24, 2008

Sewing Saturday


I found a great tutorial on line and wanted to share it with you all.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0

This is to change a button down dress shirt into a dress for a child. It's adorable and easy to do. I know that David has had some dress shirts that we have tossed because of stains or they are getting wore out and thin. But with this tutorial you can change it into a dress for a child. I can't wait ti try this (now if I could only talk David into letting me have one of his dress shirts). :)

I'm thinking I might have to make a quick visit to a thrift store soon to see what I can come up with.

David was teasing today b/c now I will want all his button down dress shirts. I aready use all of his old t-shirts for the insides of the cloth diapers I make for Annika.

While I was looking at the website I also found a tutorial where you could take the sleeves from the shirt and make some matching pants to go with the outfit. This tutorial can be found at:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178322.0

So if you get bored and want to give it try! Have a great time and let me know!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails