Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

May 21, 2008

New Great Summer Recipe! MMMmmmMMMmmm....

I know that Recipe Tuesday was yesterday and I already posted a recipe....but this one is SUPER GOOD and easy to make.

As I was in the process of making 2 lasagnas yesterday (one large one for us to enjoy with guests over and two small one for 2 families in our church). As I was baking I remembered that I had a cake mix that was open but unused (I checked to see if it was a white cake mix since it wasn't in the box if my mind serves me right the box got wet and we tossed it out) well it ended up being a lemon cake mix. So I thought I might as well use this up so I got online and googled "lemon cake mix" and google took me to:

Cooks.com

There is where I found the recipe for:

LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS:

1 package cake mix, lemon
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated (I didn't have any of this so I added just a little more lemon juice about 1/2 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 eggs

Blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Press into ungreased 13x9x2 pan.

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually blend in powdered sugar. Stir in peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate. Beat 2 eggs into remaining cheese mixture until blended.

Spread over cake mixture. Bake at 350 F until set, about 25 minutes; cool completely. Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until firm.

Serving Size: 12.

I highly recommend this recipe! It is soo good and refreshing a GREAT summer treat!

Try it and Enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails