Happenings of my daily life....as a mother, business owner, and stay at home mom!

January 15, 2009

Recipe: Appetizer Meatballs

I got this recipe from a friend. It is one of our favorite meatball recipes around our house! I just shared with a group of women on a board I go to and thought I'd share it with you ladies also.

Meatballs:

2 lbs Ground Beef
1 lb Pork Sausage
1 Can (5 oz) Evaporated milk
2 Cups Old Fashion Oats
1/2 tsp. Pepper
2 tsp. Chili powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2-3 tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Finely Chopped Onions


Sauce:
2 cups Ketchup
1 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Liquid Smoke (I don't use this b/c I don't own any)
1/2 cup Chopped Onion

Combine first 10 ingredients, shape into 1 inch balls. Place in a single layer in a baking pan.
Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour
(Yields 9 dozen)

*Sometimes I double the sauce and check after 45 minutes.
* I serve these meatballs over rice.
* If I'm freezing the meatballs I make them put them on a cookie sheet freeze and then add to a freezer bag when completely frozen.


ENJOY! :)




Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails